Bento gives businesses complete control over the cards in real time.
The Owner and Admin(s) can set limits on each individual employee or utility card in real time.
You can proactively set spending limits and spend categories, as well as set limits around where and when the cards can be used.
You can even turn a card off or on at the click of a button.
To adjust a card’s spend controls, navigate to the Cards tab. On this page you can view all of the cards on your account. To edit the categories allowed, the days of the week the cards are on, each card's individual spend limit, how much is available to spend on each card, and when the spend limits will reset, click the "Manage" dialogue next to the card, and select "Card Controls."
The Card Controls page reveal the granular spend controls Bento offers:
- Enter a spend limit per period of time (e.g. day, week, month) or a custom "available until" date.
- Choose days of the week for when the card can be used, perfect for known expenses that occur on particular days
- Select categories for merchants types at which the card can be used
- Choose whether to allow international transactions
- Allow or prohibit "Card Not Present" transactions, meaning transactions that don't require a card to be inserted or swiped into a physical card reader
Hit “Save” to apply your spend control elections for the card. As soon as the controls are updated, the changes will take affect immediately.
The On/Off switch for each card allows you to temporarily suspend use of the card. When the switch is turned to “Off,” the card cannot be used. Any transaction attempted on a suspended card will automatically be declined. As soon as the switch is turned back to “On” the card is enabled and the spend controls set on the card are active.
Note: The On/Off switch is only visible for cards that have already been activated.