How do I file a transaction dispute?

Dispute Due to Lost or Stolen Card

TELL US AT ONCE if you believe your Bento card has been lost or stolen or if your Virtual Card, PIN or the account number is no longer secure or confidential. Telephoning (855) 547-2896 is the best way to minimize possible losses.

Dispute Due to Discrepancy or Questions About a Transaction

Often times, disputed charges are legitimate charges that customers may not recognize or remember. If you discover a posted transaction that may be incorrect or if you're unsure about a specific transaction, we recommend attempting to resolve the issue directly with the merchant before filing a dispute.

If you aren’t able to resolve your dispute with the merchant, you can file a dispute by calling the number on the back of your card. A customer care representative will help you through the process, and Visa will research the dispute on your behalf and contact you with the results of the investigation. Please note disputes must be filed within 60 days of the charge. 

How to Get in Touch with Us About a Dispute

If the transaction(s) in question are unfamiliar or fraudulent, we recommend you immediately turn off the card associated with those charges. You can turn off the card using the toggle on the Cards page. If the disputed activity is confirmed to be fraud, you will want to reissue the card from the Cards page.

To formally file your dispute, please call our phone team at 855-547-2896. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The team will submit your dispute and also offer the opportunity to complete a form to offer provisional credit for unauthorized transactions. Please note that this provisional credit may be reversed, dependent on the outcome of the investigation. Additionally, in order to assist with the dispute, we recommend that you file a police report documenting any fraudulent activity on your card.

We will try to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. However, please take note that this investigation could take up to 120 days to complete.


Have more questions? Submit a request